Friday, June 5, 2009

My first blogging attempt!

So I got this magazine the other day from my sons school, and as with any new magazine, what a great excuse to take a bath! I am reading through it and stumble across this article about moms who blog and this contest they won... so the following morning, being I have nothing else to do, the laundry is done and put away, dinner is in the crock pot, the lawn is mowed... ok even now I am making myself laugh, thinking, IF ONLY!!! So anywho, I looked up the mom whose article grapped me! I can so relate with her! She has 6 children, and she truly just reminded me of myself! So I sat down looked her up! I guess I was on the computer for longer then I intended because I am hearing "MOMMY" a little too often! So I bookmarked it, and have been back many times to read her blog! So thank you Tiffany, a mommy in Texas with 6 little ones, for inspiring me to try my own blog! And a HUGE thank you, from my hubby too, for the information on coupons! I can't believe I am saying this, but in a few years I am going to have FIVE teenagers in my house, that I have to FEED! OH my! So besides hopefully, meeting a new online friend, because I took the time to look her up, I will also be saving money by starting my new hobby of "couponing!"

Ok, well after doing this, and waiting the 5 minutes for my one picture to load, I now have 5 minutes before I have to go and pick up Nick... that is not the issue, the issue is Lily's hair is not done. Most people don't understand this, I will post pictures of my daughter's beautiful hair BEFORE I get a chance to do it in the morning!

Thank you to anyone who is reading this, and I really hope to meet some online friends!!!
Jen

2 comments:

  1. I saw your comment on Tiffany's blog and had to say Hooray for blogging!!! The best part is just lookin back after a year, seeing the pictures and thinking "That's where I was!" It's great for family to see pictures too, to tell stories and to remember small moments! Don't feel like you gotta blog every day either! Just when you have a chance. If you want a super awesome secret tool for making your pictures load faster, google "microsoft picture resizer" go to their site (so you know the download is safe) and download the toy. Then you right click the photo (even in blogger when you are choosing the file! You just have to scroll the the bottom of the folder and it'll be there) choose the size "large" and it will resize the photo! It makes a second copy too, with the same file name (but with the size its resized to) so you can find it again! Happy bloggin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the shout out! Your kids are beautiful!
    Blogging is fun, it makes me look at things and laugh instead of cry! Keep in touch and if need help with couponing let me know! Email me anytime!
    mylitter@mac.com
    Tiffany

    ReplyDelete